Other than Drake’s Thank Me Later, no other album in 2010 will be as highly (and insanely) anticipated as Nicki Minaj’s debut effort. So it’s no wonder that the internet has been all atwitter (pun intended) after the world’s most mentally unstable Barbie finally dropped the official version of the album’s lead single, Massive Attack, today. What are people talking about? Well, they’re certainly talking about the production and hook work of Sean Garrett, who here crafts an appropriately skittering, post-apocalyptic beat, but predictably most of the debate surrounds Nicki’s verses, which in typically schizophrenic Nicki style fluctuate wildly from smooth punchlines to intensely aggressive threats. In other words, it’s exactly what people love, or hate, or love to hate about Nicki’s rhyme style. So, does Massive Attack point in the direction of a hit - or a flop - for Nicki when she finally drops her untitled debut album this summer? I’ll leave it up to the Booth to decide. Have at it people.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.