Other than Drake’s Thank Me Later, no other album in 2010 will be as highly (and insanely) anticipated as Nicki Minaj’s debut effort. So it’s no wonder that the internet has been all atwitter (pun intended) after the world’s most mentally unstable Barbie finally dropped the official version of the album’s lead single, Massive Attack, today. What are people talking about? Well, they’re certainly talking about the production and hook work of Sean Garrett, who here crafts an appropriately skittering, post-apocalyptic beat, but predictably most of the debate surrounds Nicki’s verses, which in typically schizophrenic Nicki style fluctuate wildly from smooth punchlines to intensely aggressive threats. In other words, it’s exactly what people love, or hate, or love to hate about Nicki’s rhyme style. So, does Massive Attack point in the direction of a hit - or a flop - for Nicki when she finally drops her untitled debut album this summer? I’ll leave it up to the Booth to decide. Have at it people.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.