If you steer your browser to Nicki Minaj‘s MySpace page, the first thing you’ll see is a picture of the Young Money signee flying through the air in a (very revealing) Wonder Woman outfit. Why is she dressed as Wonder Woman? Well, her bio provides a convoluted, kind of bizarre explanation, but I’ll put it this way: she’s completely bonkers. Of course, that’s far from a problem when you’ve got the backing of Lil Wayne (aka “Mr. Out-of-his-mind”), who joins the femcee on her first Booth feature, I Get Crazy. Interestingly, Minaj nearly manages to out-crazy her boss, spitting two agile verses brimming with scatterbrained wordplay; in the end, though, Weezy edges her out with the shouted boast that he’s so fly he eats birdsh*t (Am I hearing this correctly?) Complete with a sparse beat by Ron Browz and a few of Wayne’s trademark meandering guitar riffs, this cut is a unique one; if you find Minaj’s weirdness intriguing (I certainly do), you can hear plenty more on her Beam Me Up Scotty mixtape, which dropped today.
Written by richard on 04/20/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It Off" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.