If you steer your browser to Nicki Minaj‘s MySpace page, the first thing you’ll see is a picture of the Young Money signee flying through the air in a (very revealing) Wonder Woman outfit. Why is she dressed as Wonder Woman? Well, her bio provides a convoluted, kind of bizarre explanation, but I’ll put it this way: she’s completely bonkers. Of course, that’s far from a problem when you’ve got the backing of Lil Wayne (aka “Mr. Out-of-his-mind”), who joins the femcee on her first Booth feature, I Get Crazy. Interestingly, Minaj nearly manages to out-crazy her boss, spitting two agile verses brimming with scatterbrained wordplay; in the end, though, Weezy edges her out with the shouted boast that he’s so fly he eats birdsh*t (Am I hearing this correctly?) Complete with a sparse beat by Ron Browz and a few of Wayne’s trademark meandering guitar riffs, this cut is a unique one; if you find Minaj’s weirdness intriguing (I certainly do), you can hear plenty more on her Beam Me Up Scotty mixtape, which dropped today.
Written by richard on 04/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It Off" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.