If you steer your browser to Nicki Minaj‘s MySpace page, the first thing you’ll see is a picture of the Young Money signee flying through the air in a (very revealing) Wonder Woman outfit. Why is she dressed as Wonder Woman? Well, her bio provides a convoluted, kind of bizarre explanation, but I’ll put it this way: she’s completely bonkers. Of course, that’s far from a problem when you’ve got the backing of Lil Wayne (aka “Mr. Out-of-his-mind”), who joins the femcee on her first Booth feature, I Get Crazy. Interestingly, Minaj nearly manages to out-crazy her boss, spitting two agile verses brimming with scatterbrained wordplay; in the end, though, Weezy edges her out with the shouted boast that he’s so fly he eats birdsh*t (Am I hearing this correctly?) Complete with a sparse beat by Ron Browz and a few of Wayne’s trademark meandering guitar riffs, this cut is a unique one; if you find Minaj’s weirdness intriguing (I certainly do), you can hear plenty more on her Beam Me Up Scotty mixtape, which dropped today.
Written by richard on 04/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It Off" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.