If you steer your browser to Nicki Minaj‘s MySpace page, the first thing you’ll see is a picture of the Young Money signee flying through the air in a (very revealing) Wonder Woman outfit. Why is she dressed as Wonder Woman? Well, her bio provides a convoluted, kind of bizarre explanation, but I’ll put it this way: she’s completely bonkers. Of course, that’s far from a problem when you’ve got the backing of Lil Wayne (aka “Mr. Out-of-his-mind”), who joins the femcee on her first Booth feature, I Get Crazy. Interestingly, Minaj nearly manages to out-crazy her boss, spitting two agile verses brimming with scatterbrained wordplay; in the end, though, Weezy edges her out with the shouted boast that he’s so fly he eats birdsh*t (Am I hearing this correctly?) Complete with a sparse beat by Ron Browz and a few of Wayne’s trademark meandering guitar riffs, this cut is a unique one; if you find Minaj’s weirdness intriguing (I certainly do), you can hear plenty more on her Beam Me Up Scotty mixtape, which dropped today.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It Off" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.