Nicki Minaj isn’t typically regarded as a progressive leader but, in addition to paving the way for a new generation of female hip-hop artists, she’s broken down a few walls I didn’t even realize existed: before she hit the scene, who could have imagined a female emcee adopting a gay, male alter ego, or threatening to whip her d**k out in the haters’ faces? On the latest song release off her forthcoming Roman Reloaded re-release, Minaj gives herself a pat on the back for her contributions to human Freedom and brushes off those who don’t appreciate her, showcasing a characteristically pop-appealing mix of sung and flowed vocals over Boi-1da‘s sweeping, synth-anthemic boardwork. For this rousing jam and much more, check out Pink Friday Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up when it hits record stores and online retailers November 19, via YMCMB/Universal Republic.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!