Nicki Minaj isn’t typically regarded as a progressive leader but, in addition to paving the way for a new generation of female hip-hop artists, she’s broken down a few walls I didn’t even realize existed: before she hit the scene, who could have imagined a female emcee adopting a gay, male alter ego, or threatening to whip her d**k out in the haters’ faces? On the latest song release off her forthcoming Roman Reloaded re-release, Minaj gives herself a pat on the back for her contributions to human Freedom and brushes off those who don’t appreciate her, showcasing a characteristically pop-appealing mix of sung and flowed vocals over Boi-1da‘s sweeping, synth-anthemic boardwork. For this rousing jam and much more, check out Pink Friday Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up when it hits record stores and online retailers November 19, via YMCMB/Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 11/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.