Nicki Minaj isn’t typically regarded as a progressive leader but, in addition to paving the way for a new generation of female hip-hop artists, she’s broken down a few walls I didn’t even realize existed: before she hit the scene, who could have imagined a female emcee adopting a gay, male alter ego, or threatening to whip her d**k out in the haters’ faces? On the latest song release off her forthcoming Roman Reloaded re-release, Minaj gives herself a pat on the back for her contributions to human Freedom and brushes off those who don’t appreciate her, showcasing a characteristically pop-appealing mix of sung and flowed vocals over Boi-1da‘s sweeping, synth-anthemic boardwork. For this rousing jam and much more, check out Pink Friday Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up when it hits record stores and online retailers November 19, via YMCMB/Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 11/4/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.