With heavyweight femcee Nicki Minaj on the mic and superproducer J.R. Rotem behind the boards, listeners with basic pattern-recognition skills may think they know what to expect: a diabolically catchy, synth-drenched banger with a hook straight outta an ‘80s chart-topper, right? Wrong! In actuality, iTunes bonus cut Girls Fall Like Dominoes is a diabolically catchy, synth-drenched banger with a hook straight outta a 2009 indie joint that only sounds like an ‘80s chart topper: specifically, English electro-rock band The Big Pink’s Dominos. So… on second thought, it’s not much different than you’d expect. Over Rotem’s characteristically colossal chords, the Harajuku Barbie waxes poetic about her love for, well, girls – girls of all shapes, sizes, colors and nationalities. And Minaj isn’t above competing with her labelmates for female attention: “...I steal Wayne girls, I steal Drake girls.” Fellas, you’ve been warned. Those digging this joint can get a copy of their very own by copping the digital deluxe edition of Pink Friday when it hits iTunes November 22.
Written by richard on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)