With heavyweight femcee Nicki Minaj on the mic and superproducer J.R. Rotem behind the boards, listeners with basic pattern-recognition skills may think they know what to expect: a diabolically catchy, synth-drenched banger with a hook straight outta an ‘80s chart-topper, right? Wrong! In actuality, iTunes bonus cut Girls Fall Like Dominoes is a diabolically catchy, synth-drenched banger with a hook straight outta a 2009 indie joint that only sounds like an ‘80s chart topper: specifically, English electro-rock band The Big Pink’s Dominos. So… on second thought, it’s not much different than you’d expect. Over Rotem’s characteristically colossal chords, the Harajuku Barbie waxes poetic about her love for, well, girls – girls of all shapes, sizes, colors and nationalities. And Minaj isn’t above competing with her labelmates for female attention: “...I steal Wayne girls, I steal Drake girls.” Fellas, you’ve been warned. Those digging this joint can get a copy of their very own by copping the digital deluxe edition of Pink Friday when it hits iTunes November 22.
Written by richard on 11/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)