I recently took a trip back to Philly and took a break from down South radio for some East Coast Hip-Hop. However, all that seemed to blast from the speakers was Nicki Minaj’s newest release Did It on Em. Off her Pink Friday album, Nicki keeps the hits coming with her fourth single, supported by the superstar producer Bangladesh. Bangladesh’s production, as always, (A Milli, 6’7, Diva, etc), is either very catchy or very annoying. Personally, after my time in Philly, I think he’s a producer whose beats grow on you after repeated listens. Unlike her first three singles, Nicki actually raps and spits some pretty dope lines on the cut. Then again, she also spits some cringe worth lines that would make you think Birdman is ghost writing for her. Regardless, I don’t see how that guy yelling in the background helps matters. Per usual when it comes to Minaj’s music I expect Did It on ‘Em to generate a lot of debate in the comments; so do you like rapping or singing Nicki better?
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.