I recently took a trip back to Philly and took a break from down South radio for some East Coast Hip-Hop. However, all that seemed to blast from the speakers was Nicki Minaj’s newest release Did It on Em. Off her Pink Friday album, Nicki keeps the hits coming with her fourth single, supported by the superstar producer Bangladesh. Bangladesh’s production, as always, (A Milli, 6’7, Diva, etc), is either very catchy or very annoying. Personally, after my time in Philly, I think he’s a producer whose beats grow on you after repeated listens. Unlike her first three singles, Nicki actually raps and spits some pretty dope lines on the cut. Then again, she also spits some cringe worth lines that would make you think Birdman is ghost writing for her. Regardless, I don’t see how that guy yelling in the background helps matters. Per usual when it comes to Minaj’s music I expect Did It on ‘Em to generate a lot of debate in the comments; so do you like rapping or singing Nicki better?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!