Nicki Minaj may hail from Jamaica, Queens, but on her latest feature she does a little live reporting from the capital of the Midwest. Chi-Raq finds the YMCMB hitmaker prowling the mean streets of the Windy City, which have claimed more American lives than the Iraq War since the Bush years. While she keeps her social commentary largely between the lines, the cut’s gritty subject matter offers her an excuse to go harder than usual on the mic. Notably, she takes the opportunity to make a few provocative comments on the controversy that swirled around her last single, Lookin’ Ass N*gga: “Malcolm X daughter came at me, lookin’ ass n**gas ain’t happy.” Lil Herb, a Windy City local, jumps on the ominous Boi-1da/Vinylz/Allen Ritter beat to deliver the final verse. The Pink Print has yet to receive a drop date, but Roman Zolanski fans won’t have to wait long for more new music. Nicki plans to release a fresh record each week leading up to the project’s eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 04/8/14
At this point the “Nicki Minaj went pop” criticisms are older than Nicki’s butt implants, especially coming from a white male. For the record, I have absolutely no problem with Nicki making pop...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)