Nicki Minaj may hail from Jamaica, Queens, but on her latest feature she does a little live reporting from the capital of the Midwest. Chi-Raq finds the YMCMB hitmaker prowling the mean streets of the Windy City, which have claimed more American lives than the Iraq War since the Bush years. While she keeps her social commentary largely between the lines, the cut’s gritty subject matter offers her an excuse to go harder than usual on the mic. Notably, she takes the opportunity to make a few provocative comments on the controversy that swirled around her last single, Lookin’ Ass N*gga: “Malcolm X daughter came at me, lookin’ ass n**gas ain’t happy.” Lil Herb, a Windy City local, jumps on the ominous Boi-1da/Vinylz/Allen Ritter beat to deliver the final verse. The Pink Print has yet to receive a drop date, but Roman Zolanski fans won’t have to wait long for more new music. Nicki plans to release a fresh record each week leading up to the project’s eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 04/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.