Nicki Minaj may hail from Jamaica, Queens, but on her latest feature she does a little live reporting from the capital of the Midwest. Chi-Raq finds the YMCMB hitmaker prowling the mean streets of the Windy City, which have claimed more American lives than the Iraq War since the Bush years. While she keeps her social commentary largely between the lines, the cut’s gritty subject matter offers her an excuse to go harder than usual on the mic. Notably, she takes the opportunity to make a few provocative comments on the controversy that swirled around her last single, Lookin’ Ass N*gga: “Malcolm X daughter came at me, lookin’ ass n**gas ain’t happy.” Lil Herb, a Windy City local, jumps on the ominous Boi-1da/Vinylz/Allen Ritter beat to deliver the final verse. The Pink Print has yet to receive a drop date, but Roman Zolanski fans won’t have to wait long for more new music. Nicki plans to release a fresh record each week leading up to the project’s eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 04/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.