As those who follow Nicki Minaj’s Twitter religiously (like I do) already know, only an hour ago the one and only human Barbie let loose of a brand new joint, Catch Me. Originally intended for Nicki’s platinum-selling debut album, Pink Friday, but left off for unknown reasons, Catch Me is finally seeing the light of day. Conceptually and musically, the record is an unexpected blend of dance floor bang and emotional ballad sweetness, with producer Swizz Beatz crafting an uptempo beat that could have easily been flipped into a dancehall winder. But instead of going all Super Bass with it, Nicki takes a left turn (as always) and lyrically delivers the tale of a relationship gone wrong, or perhaps one that never worked at all in the first place, taking time to even softly croon her heartache on the hook. So how about it Booth Nation? Was Nicki and the Young Money brass right to leave Catch Me off the album, or does it have some serious hit potential in its own right? We’ll find out soon in the ratings and comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/25/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.