Update: We have added the Colin Tilley-directed, Drake co-starring visuals for Nicki’s Anaconda single.
It’s never a good thing, at least in terms of sustainability, when the buzz that surrounds your new single only exists because of racy cover artwork. Nicki Minaj, however, would disagree. After setting the internet ablaze upon the release of highly-Photoshopped, bootylicious artwork for her new single, Anaconda, the record for said artwork has surfaced. The creative team of Eric Bellinger, Polow Da Don and Da Internz will garner some of the spotlight, the part that isn’t being blocked by the headliner’s posterior, for their sampling of Sir Mix-A-Lot’s classic single, Baby Got Back. The end result is more Bang Bang than Chi-Raq, but kudos must be given to any artist who can get everyone talking without even releasing a record. Minaj is set to release her latest full-length, The Pink Print, this fall, via Young Money/Cash Money/Republic Records.
Written by DJ Z on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)