Nick Weaver is coming for your thug tears, and he’s using his latest video single Terminal 3 as his method of extraction. Using the aforementioned airport terminal as the backdrop to this somber expression of the longing, Weaver speaks to the airport as if it were a person because he’s become so well-acquainted after “50 total flights, 2 hours each way.” Between the pensive piano-laden production work from TellingBeatz and the emotive hook sung by Brianna Falcone, don’t be surprised if you’re feeling verklempt by the time Weaver’s journey has ended and he’s back at home. It’s okay, just keep telling yourself it’s “allergies” - we’re not here to judge. If you dug Terminal 3, you’ll be please to learn that it will be on Nick Weaver’s currently untitled debut album, due out this summer. And if you want to hear more, be sure to check out his January feature, Lifted.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.