When US American soldiers return from wars overseas, they often find themselves struggling to reintegrate into a society that doesn’t understand them, with little institutional support from the country they put their lives on the line to protect. On new single Still There, L.A.-by-way-of-Seattle rhymesayer Nick Weaver sheds some much-needed light on this issue. Co-written in collaboration with his friend Chris, an ex-Marine, Weaver’s verses vividly describe one such individual’s battle with PTSD and depression. Joining the headliner over Corbett‘s piano-led production, Hilsyde contributes a heartfelt hook. Feeling this poignant cut? You can download the record with a minimum $2 donation to Chris’ charitable organization, Growing Veterans.
Written by richard on 07/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.