When US American soldiers return from wars overseas, they often find themselves struggling to reintegrate into a society that doesn’t understand them, with little institutional support from the country they put their lives on the line to protect. On new single Still There, L.A.-by-way-of-Seattle rhymesayer Nick Weaver sheds some much-needed light on this issue. Co-written in collaboration with his friend Chris, an ex-Marine, Weaver’s verses vividly describe one such individual’s battle with PTSD and depression. Joining the headliner over Corbett‘s piano-led production, Hilsyde contributes a heartfelt hook. Feeling this poignant cut? You can download the record with a minimum $2 donation to Chris’ charitable organization, Growing Veterans.
Written by richard on 07/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.