When US American soldiers return from wars overseas, they often find themselves struggling to reintegrate into a society that doesn’t understand them, with little institutional support from the country they put their lives on the line to protect. On new single Still There, L.A.-by-way-of-Seattle rhymesayer Nick Weaver sheds some much-needed light on this issue. Co-written in collaboration with his friend Chris, an ex-Marine, Weaver’s verses vividly describe one such individual’s battle with PTSD and depression. Joining the headliner over Corbett‘s piano-led production, Hilsyde contributes a heartfelt hook. Feeling this poignant cut? You can download the record with a minimum $2 donation to Chris’ charitable organization, Growing Veterans.
Written by richard on 07/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.