When US American soldiers return from wars overseas, they often find themselves struggling to reintegrate into a society that doesn’t understand them, with little institutional support from the country they put their lives on the line to protect. On new single Still There, L.A.-by-way-of-Seattle rhymesayer Nick Weaver sheds some much-needed light on this issue. Co-written in collaboration with his friend Chris, an ex-Marine, Weaver’s verses vividly describe one such individual’s battle with PTSD and depression. Joining the headliner over Corbett‘s piano-led production, Hilsyde contributes a heartfelt hook. Feeling this poignant cut? You can download the record with a minimum $2 donation to Chris’ charitable organization, Growing Veterans.
Written by richard on 07/19/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.