There is nothing quite like hearing a song that gives you goosebumps and makes you feel a little Lifted, which is why we recommend Nick Weaver’s DJBooth debut. The Seattle emcee, backed by a fresh DJ Corbett production, equips the track with his crisp, charismatic flow, peppering the beat with inspirational bars that are designed to have you tackling your troubles head on. Although his work on each carefully crafted verse is stellar, Weaver goes above and beyond the call of duty (no Black Ops), composing undeniably engaging and refreshing hook that sets of the motivational cut nicely. Following Banana Goo Pie, yesterday, and Young Walter White, today, Lifted is the third song featured off of DJ Smiles’ compilation album The State of The Come-Up, Vol. 1.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Terminal 3" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.