Today, many of you have off school and work due to Veterans Day (special shout out to all those who are or have served!). If your day off plans included taking it easy then we have just the record for you, courtesy of newcomer Nick Ward. For his DJBooth debut, the Little Rock, Arkansas native presents So Gone, a hazy, mellow track that is sure to help you chill out. A standout cut from his new Entermission album, Gone finds Ward and guest emcee Duke Stigall combining deep, powerful lyrics with a laid-back delivery which, when layered over the understated boardwork of frequent Mac Miller collaborator Big Jerm, produces a chill, yet contemplative vibe. For more laid back tunes, purchase Entermission, available for download now via Ward’s Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/12/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.