Remember Mac & Me, the critically-panned E.T. the Extraterrestrial ripoff in which a wheelchair-bound youth helps to reunite a Skittles and Coca-Cola-loving alien with his family? Of course you don’t—fortunately, Nick Pratt‘s latest feature shares nothing but a title with the 1988 box-office bomb. Instead, single numéro deux (another world premiere!) off the Fortlast Worth buzzmaker’s forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored street album sees him coming together with a certain Keystone State indie sensation (hint, hint: he was the DJBooth Staff Pick for Best Emcee of 2011) for an eclectically witty lyrical free-for-all. With Beewirks’ bombastic brass samples bumping in the back, Pratt drops verses brimming with braggadocio and left-field references (“I got these hoes runnin’ like the gingerbread man.”) before passing the mic to none other than Mac Miller for an equally sharp, allusive guest 16 (”Cream like Hostess, skin color of a Twinkie / Tryin’ to take over the world like I was Pinky.”). Digging it? Then keep it locked for further bangers leading up to Middle Finger Music‘s February 6, arrival on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 01/18/12
CSB Worldwide, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Feel Good" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.