Remember Mac & Me, the critically-panned E.T. the Extraterrestrial ripoff in which a wheelchair-bound youth helps to reunite a Skittles and Coca-Cola-loving alien with his family? Of course you don’t—fortunately, Nick Pratt‘s latest feature shares nothing but a title with the 1988 box-office bomb. Instead, single numéro deux (another world premiere!) off the Fortlast Worth buzzmaker’s forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored street album sees him coming together with a certain Keystone State indie sensation (hint, hint: he was the DJBooth Staff Pick for Best Emcee of 2011) for an eclectically witty lyrical free-for-all. With Beewirks’ bombastic brass samples bumping in the back, Pratt drops verses brimming with braggadocio and left-field references (“I got these hoes runnin’ like the gingerbread man.”) before passing the mic to none other than Mac Miller for an equally sharp, allusive guest 16 (”Cream like Hostess, skin color of a Twinkie / Tryin’ to take over the world like I was Pinky.”). Digging it? Then keep it locked for further bangers leading up to Middle Finger Music‘s February 6, arrival on our mixtape page.
CSB Worldwide, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Feel Good" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.