Remember Mac & Me, the critically-panned E.T. the Extraterrestrial ripoff in which a wheelchair-bound youth helps to reunite a Skittles and Coca-Cola-loving alien with his family? Of course you don’t—fortunately, Nick Pratt‘s latest feature shares nothing but a title with the 1988 box-office bomb. Instead, single numéro deux (another world premiere!) off the Fortlast Worth buzzmaker’s forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored street album sees him coming together with a certain Keystone State indie sensation (hint, hint: he was the DJBooth Staff Pick for Best Emcee of 2011) for an eclectically witty lyrical free-for-all. With Beewirks’ bombastic brass samples bumping in the back, Pratt drops verses brimming with braggadocio and left-field references (“I got these hoes runnin’ like the gingerbread man.”) before passing the mic to none other than Mac Miller for an equally sharp, allusive guest 16 (”Cream like Hostess, skin color of a Twinkie / Tryin’ to take over the world like I was Pinky.”). Digging it? Then keep it locked for further bangers leading up to Middle Finger Music‘s February 6, arrival on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 01/18/12
Submit your Rating
CSB Worldwide, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Feel Good" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)