Remember Mac & Me, the critically-panned E.T. the Extraterrestrial ripoff in which a wheelchair-bound youth helps to reunite a Skittles and Coca-Cola-loving alien with his family? Of course you don’t—fortunately, Nick Pratt‘s latest feature shares nothing but a title with the 1988 box-office bomb. Instead, single numéro deux (another world premiere!) off the Fortlast Worth buzzmaker’s forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored street album sees him coming together with a certain Keystone State indie sensation (hint, hint: he was the DJBooth Staff Pick for Best Emcee of 2011) for an eclectically witty lyrical free-for-all. With Beewirks’ bombastic brass samples bumping in the back, Pratt drops verses brimming with braggadocio and left-field references (“I got these hoes runnin’ like the gingerbread man.”) before passing the mic to none other than Mac Miller for an equally sharp, allusive guest 16 (”Cream like Hostess, skin color of a Twinkie / Tryin’ to take over the world like I was Pinky.”). Digging it? Then keep it locked for further bangers leading up to Middle Finger Music‘s February 6, arrival on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 01/18/12
Submit your Rating
CSB Worldwide, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Feel Good" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.