Is there anything that feels better than vibing out to a dope record by a first-time featuree? Well, OK—I can think of one or two things that I’d rate higher. Regardless, Dirty Southern hip-hop heads in search of a pick-me-up need look no further than I Feel Good, the inaugural leak off Nick Pratt‘s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album (an exclusive world premiere!). Brandon Lee mans the mixing boards on this flossed-out selection, layering catchy synth accents over a chopped vocal sample as the Fort Worth, Tx. rhymesayer gives us the lowdown on just how fresh and fly he’s feeling. After the headliner’s said his piece, Tallahassee-repping guest emcee Muzik Jones Drew grabs the mic to explain what it is that sets him apart from the competition in a larger-than-life closing 16: “I’m a big fish, eatin’ good / y’all don’t see food.” Has this swagger-drenched cut left your interest piqued? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the February 6, arrival of Pratt’s latest tape, Middle Finger Music.
Written by richard on 01/11/12
Submit your Rating
CSB Worldwide, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mac & Me" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.