Thought Mac & Me and I Feel Good, the first two leaks off Nick Pratt‘s Booth-sponsored mixtape, were fly and flossed-out? Then prepare to be dazzled; the project’s official lead single, Comin’ Dyne Clean, finds the Lone Star State up-and-comer shining even more brightly than ever before. Making its debut as a digital download in the Booth, this cut finds production duo K-Salaam & Beatnick crafting a characteristically lush, retro-informed backdrop for high-rolling bars detailing Pratt’s aspirations in the game. Over their swirling synths and Chipmunked vocal samples, the emcee explains why, as far he’s concerned, making a mint on the mic is his one and only option: “I’m tired of bein’ broke, I really ain’t with this struggle / and my homeboy talkin’ bout dope, but I ain’t finna be hustling.” How about it, Booth readers; is Nick Pratt’s career about to ”... take off like a 757”? Debate away—or withhold judgment till you’ve had a chance to check out the rest of the fresh material on his Middle Finger Music street album, scheduled to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download Feb. 6. Additionally, fans can click here to peep the official video, directed by A Thieve$ Honor.
Written by richard on 02/1/12
Submit your Rating
CSB Worldwide, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Feel Good" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.