I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be on the other end of a breakup song, à la Adele’s ex. I have to imagine it would be a little uncomfortable when you hear a song about you all over the place, and it must also suck to know someone is making bank off your stupid mistakes. If I really want to know what it feels like, I could easily hit up Nick Lyon‘s ex, because his latest feature, Vices, is all about her. Dao Jones’ bubbly boardwork and catchy hook serve as an interesting counterpoint to the record’s subject matter. Atop the cushioned, feathery beat, Lyon gives us the lowdown on his his ex-girl, a professional nurse who cheated on him with one of the doctors at her workplace. If good music is one of your Vices, why not check out Channel 61, Lyon’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted album, when it drops in July?
Written by Lucas G. on 06/27/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Could It Be" (2013)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.