I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be on the other end of a breakup song, à la Adele’s ex. I have to imagine it would be a little uncomfortable when you hear a song about you all over the place, and it must also suck to know someone is making bank off your stupid mistakes. If I really want to know what it feels like, I could easily hit up Nick Lyon‘s ex, because his latest feature, Vices, is all about her. Dao Jones’ bubbly boardwork and catchy hook serve as an interesting counterpoint to the record’s subject matter. Atop the cushioned, feathery beat, Lyon gives us the lowdown on his his ex-girl, a professional nurse who cheated on him with one of the doctors at her workplace. If good music is one of your Vices, why not check out Channel 61, Lyon’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted album, when it drops in July?
Written by Lucas G. on 06/27/13
Nick Lyon has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his debut street release, Channel61. The project packs 14 original tracks from the NY up-and-comer, including reader-approved singles "Could It Be" and "Vices."...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Could It Be" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.