I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be on the other end of a breakup song, à la Adele’s ex. I have to imagine it would be a little uncomfortable when you hear a song about you all over the place, and it must also suck to know someone is making bank off your stupid mistakes. If I really want to know what it feels like, I could easily hit up Nick Lyon‘s ex, because his latest feature, Vices, is all about her. Dao Jones’ bubbly boardwork and catchy hook serve as an interesting counterpoint to the record’s subject matter. Atop the cushioned, feathery beat, Lyon gives us the lowdown on his his ex-girl, a professional nurse who cheated on him with one of the doctors at her workplace. If good music is one of your Vices, why not check out Channel 61, Lyon’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted album, when it drops in July?
Written by Lucas G. on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Could It Be" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.