A up-and-coming emcee hailing from Saratoga Springs, N.Y., Nick Lyon makes his first appearance on our pages with Could It Be, the lead single off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted project. Fittingly for a debut feature, the record is something of a lyrical mission statement. Over the leisurely, handclap-laced percussion and clipped piano chords of rapper-producer Dao Jones (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver the cut’s final verse), Lyon makes clear that “new” is his watchword, whether that means copping the latest kicks or breaking fresh ground in the studio. Newcomer Austin assists on the middle verse, while Jones handles hook duties. Channel 61 is slated to drop via the Booth sometime in July. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to our pages for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.