A up-and-coming emcee hailing from Saratoga Springs, N.Y., Nick Lyon makes his first appearance on our pages with Could It Be, the lead single off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted project. Fittingly for a debut feature, the record is something of a lyrical mission statement. Over the leisurely, handclap-laced percussion and clipped piano chords of rapper-producer Dao Jones (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver the cut’s final verse), Lyon makes clear that “new” is his watchword, whether that means copping the latest kicks or breaking fresh ground in the studio. Newcomer Austin assists on the middle verse, while Jones handles hook duties. Channel 61 is slated to drop via the Booth sometime in July. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to our pages for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.