A up-and-coming emcee hailing from Saratoga Springs, N.Y., Nick Lyon makes his first appearance on our pages with Could It Be, the lead single off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted project. Fittingly for a debut feature, the record is something of a lyrical mission statement. Over the leisurely, handclap-laced percussion and clipped piano chords of rapper-producer Dao Jones (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver the cut’s final verse), Lyon makes clear that “new” is his watchword, whether that means copping the latest kicks or breaking fresh ground in the studio. Newcomer Austin assists on the middle verse, while Jones handles hook duties. Channel 61 is slated to drop via the Booth sometime in July. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to our pages for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.