A up-and-coming emcee hailing from Saratoga Springs, N.Y., Nick Lyon makes his first appearance on our pages with Could It Be, the lead single off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted project. Fittingly for a debut feature, the record is something of a lyrical mission statement. Over the leisurely, handclap-laced percussion and clipped piano chords of rapper-producer Dao Jones (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver the cut’s final verse), Lyon makes clear that “new” is his watchword, whether that means copping the latest kicks or breaking fresh ground in the studio. Newcomer Austin assists on the middle verse, while Jones handles hook duties. Channel 61 is slated to drop via the Booth sometime in July. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to our pages for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Nick Lyon has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his debut street release, Channel61. The project packs 14 original tracks from the NY up-and-comer, including reader-approved singles "Could It Be" and "Vices."...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.