Even in the sweltering heat of summertime, heartbreak can make the world feel like a Cold and unforgiving place. If you’re currently suffering from the emotional shivers, there’s no better cure than some cathartic tunes, and Nick Hakim‘s debut feature is the perfect cut to draw the chill out of your bones. Though the D.C. singer/songwriter’s new EP single finds him grappling with the pain of parting from somebody he loves, its sound conveys surprising warmth. The artist’s vocal delivery is open and comforting, despite the mournful lyrics, and the instrumental (co-produced by the artist in conjunction with Andrew Sarlo) brims with soulful, harmonically-rich twists and turns. Where Will We Go Part 1 is scheduled to drop July 14, via Earseed Records. In the meantime, keep it locked for more fresh singles from this talented newcomer.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.