Even in the sweltering heat of summertime, heartbreak can make the world feel like a Cold and unforgiving place. If you’re currently suffering from the emotional shivers, there’s no better cure than some cathartic tunes, and Nick Hakim‘s debut feature is the perfect cut to draw the chill out of your bones. Though the D.C. singer/songwriter’s new EP single finds him grappling with the pain of parting from somebody he loves, its sound conveys surprising warmth. The artist’s vocal delivery is open and comforting, despite the mournful lyrics, and the instrumental (co-produced by the artist in conjunction with Andrew Sarlo) brims with soulful, harmonically-rich twists and turns. Where Will We Go Part 1 is scheduled to drop July 14, via Earseed Records. In the meantime, keep it locked for more fresh singles from this talented newcomer.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)