Even in the sweltering heat of summertime, heartbreak can make the world feel like a Cold and unforgiving place. If you’re currently suffering from the emotional shivers, there’s no better cure than some cathartic tunes, and Nick Hakim‘s debut feature is the perfect cut to draw the chill out of your bones. Though the D.C. singer/songwriter’s new EP single finds him grappling with the pain of parting from somebody he loves, its sound conveys surprising warmth. The artist’s vocal delivery is open and comforting, despite the mournful lyrics, and the instrumental (co-produced by the artist in conjunction with Andrew Sarlo) brims with soulful, harmonically-rich twists and turns. Where Will We Go Part 1 is scheduled to drop July 14, via Earseed Records. In the meantime, keep it locked for more fresh singles from this talented newcomer.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.