Even in the sweltering heat of summertime, heartbreak can make the world feel like a Cold and unforgiving place. If you’re currently suffering from the emotional shivers, there’s no better cure than some cathartic tunes, and Nick Hakim‘s debut feature is the perfect cut to draw the chill out of your bones. Though the D.C. singer/songwriter’s new EP single finds him grappling with the pain of parting from somebody he loves, its sound conveys surprising warmth. The artist’s vocal delivery is open and comforting, despite the mournful lyrics, and the instrumental (co-produced by the artist in conjunction with Andrew Sarlo) brims with soulful, harmonically-rich twists and turns. Where Will We Go Part 1 is scheduled to drop July 14, via Earseed Records. In the meantime, keep it locked for more fresh singles from this talented newcomer.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.