I don’t know what could have driven Nick Cannon to question his celebrity status (Concussion? Existential crisis?), but I don’t think the man has anything to worry about. To paraphrase an oft-quoted dictum on the recognition of waterfowl: if you jump like you’re famous, drink like you’re famous, dance like you’re famous and marry Mariah Carey like you’re famous, then you’re probably Famous. Jokes aside, an insanely obvious premise never stopped a single from setting the dancefloor on fire, and the latest selection off the rapper/actor’s sophomore set should be no exception to the rule. Here, production crew Jump Smokers serve up an electro/house-informed instrumental guaranteed to get bodies moving as Nick parties in a manner befitting his V.I.P. status. Konvict Muzik boss Akon handles wingman duties, inviting a female clubgoer to share in his high-rolling lifestyle on the chorus. The energy is definitely there, but will Famous’ club appeal translate into anticipation for Cannon’s sophomore studio album, Mr. Showbiz? Speculate away – and, as always, keep it locked for release details.
Written by richard on 03/13/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.