I don’t know what could have driven Nick Cannon to question his celebrity status (Concussion? Existential crisis?), but I don’t think the man has anything to worry about. To paraphrase an oft-quoted dictum on the recognition of waterfowl: if you jump like you’re famous, drink like you’re famous, dance like you’re famous and marry Mariah Carey like you’re famous, then you’re probably Famous. Jokes aside, an insanely obvious premise never stopped a single from setting the dancefloor on fire, and the latest selection off the rapper/actor’s sophomore set should be no exception to the rule. Here, production crew Jump Smokers serve up an electro/house-informed instrumental guaranteed to get bodies moving as Nick parties in a manner befitting his V.I.P. status. Konvict Muzik boss Akon handles wingman duties, inviting a female clubgoer to share in his high-rolling lifestyle on the chorus. The energy is definitely there, but will Famous’ club appeal translate into anticipation for Cannon’s sophomore studio album, Mr. Showbiz? Speculate away – and, as always, keep it locked for release details.
Written by richard on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.