When I was growing up, few things sucked more than having to spend an hour sitting in a pew on Sunday morning when I knew I could be outside enjoying some beautiful summer weather. On their latest collaborative single, Lies, Chicago emcee Nick Astro and production crew Odd Couple show us that those two options aren’t quite as mutually exclusive as they might seem, cooking up a summer jam with a uniquely church-y feel. Organ riffs collide with vocal samples as Astro preaches some truth on the topic of the music industry. Does this breezy cut make you want to shout “Church!”? Then watch our pages for more fresh singles leading up to the summer arrival of Nick Astro’s next EP, LightSkinWithThatAfro.
Written by richard on 06/2/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.