When I was growing up, few things sucked more than having to spend an hour sitting in a pew on Sunday morning when I knew I could be outside enjoying some beautiful summer weather. On their latest collaborative single, Lies, Chicago emcee Nick Astro and production crew Odd Couple show us that those two options aren’t quite as mutually exclusive as they might seem, cooking up a summer jam with a uniquely church-y feel. Organ riffs collide with vocal samples as Astro preaches some truth on the topic of the music industry. Does this breezy cut make you want to shout “Church!”? Then watch our pages for more fresh singles leading up to the summer arrival of Nick Astro’s next EP, LightSkinWithThatAfro.
Written by richard on 06/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.