Tomorrow might be New Year’s Eve, but today feels more like Valentine’s Day, thanks to Booth newcomer Nicholas May. The Chi-town emcee is sure to make you Fall in Love with this impressive debut. Speaking of falling in love, this record is a lot like a first date. It isn’t too over-the-top or elaborate (like a big, fancy set of plans), but it’s effective in its simplicity, like a simple dinner and a movie. It’s the perfect introduction. ILL Brown‘s cool, quirky synth boardwork is perfectly matched to the artist’s refreshing style on the mic. Though he is calm, cool, and collected, his flow isn’t sloppy. Even with a fun, lax flow, May exudes charisma. See? Sometimes simple is better. Fall in Love is slated for inclusion on May’s next project, To Whom It May Concern, due out in February.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.