Tomorrow might be New Year’s Eve, but today feels more like Valentine’s Day, thanks to Booth newcomer Nicholas May. The Chi-town emcee is sure to make you Fall in Love with this impressive debut. Speaking of falling in love, this record is a lot like a first date. It isn’t too over-the-top or elaborate (like a big, fancy set of plans), but it’s effective in its simplicity, like a simple dinner and a movie. It’s the perfect introduction. ILL Brown‘s cool, quirky synth boardwork is perfectly matched to the artist’s refreshing style on the mic. Though he is calm, cool, and collected, his flow isn’t sloppy. Even with a fun, lax flow, May exudes charisma. See? Sometimes simple is better. Fall in Love is slated for inclusion on May’s next project, To Whom It May Concern, due out in February.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.