Tomorrow might be New Year’s Eve, but today feels more like Valentine’s Day, thanks to Booth newcomer Nicholas May. The Chi-town emcee is sure to make you Fall in Love with this impressive debut. Speaking of falling in love, this record is a lot like a first date. It isn’t too over-the-top or elaborate (like a big, fancy set of plans), but it’s effective in its simplicity, like a simple dinner and a movie. It’s the perfect introduction. ILL Brown‘s cool, quirky synth boardwork is perfectly matched to the artist’s refreshing style on the mic. Though he is calm, cool, and collected, his flow isn’t sloppy. Even with a fun, lax flow, May exudes charisma. See? Sometimes simple is better. Fall in Love is slated for inclusion on May’s next project, To Whom It May Concern, due out in February.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.