Tomorrow might be New Year’s Eve, but today feels more like Valentine’s Day, thanks to Booth newcomer Nicholas May. The Chi-town emcee is sure to make you Fall in Love with this impressive debut. Speaking of falling in love, this record is a lot like a first date. It isn’t too over-the-top or elaborate (like a big, fancy set of plans), but it’s effective in its simplicity, like a simple dinner and a movie. It’s the perfect introduction. ILL Brown‘s cool, quirky synth boardwork is perfectly matched to the artist’s refreshing style on the mic. Though he is calm, cool, and collected, his flow isn’t sloppy. Even with a fun, lax flow, May exudes charisma. See? Sometimes simple is better. Fall in Love is slated for inclusion on May’s next project, To Whom It May Concern, due out in February.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/30/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.