New Year’s is a time to look back on the last 365 days, to survey what one has accomplished and celebrate one’s accomplishments in style. Considering how good 2010’s was to The Niceguys, it’s high time the crew popped a bottle or four. On this newly-released single, the Houston natives (and freestyle series alumni) do just that, raising a Toast to their recent successes. Over group member Christoph‘s exultant, brass-heavy instrumental, rapper Easy Yves Saint fills listeners in on just how wonderful it feels to be living the dream after so many years of chasing it. And after all they’ve been through, there’s no danger of them taking it all for granted: “I appreciate the love, ‘cause I felt the hate / and I appreciate the hugs, ‘cause I felt disgrace.” A well-deserved victory lap and a fresh record in its own right, Toast is just one of many high-quality cuts to be found on The Show, released this past September and available now online.
Written by richard on 01/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at All" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.