New Year’s is a time to look back on the last 365 days, to survey what one has accomplished and celebrate one’s accomplishments in style. Considering how good 2010’s was to The Niceguys, it’s high time the crew popped a bottle or four. On this newly-released single, the Houston natives (and freestyle series alumni) do just that, raising a Toast to their recent successes. Over group member Christoph‘s exultant, brass-heavy instrumental, rapper Easy Yves Saint fills listeners in on just how wonderful it feels to be living the dream after so many years of chasing it. And after all they’ve been through, there’s no danger of them taking it all for granted: “I appreciate the love, ‘cause I felt the hate / and I appreciate the hugs, ‘cause I felt disgrace.” A well-deserved victory lap and a fresh record in its own right, Toast is just one of many high-quality cuts to be found on The Show, released this past September and available now online.
Written by richard on 01/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at All" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.