In their brand new exclusive DJBooth interview fast-rising Houston hip-hop crew The Niceguys said that their “music goes beyond coastal or regional boundaries.” They’re not lying. Having already dropped off the hard rock-edged Mr. Perfect and the celebratory soul of Not At All, Easy Yves Saint, DJ Candlestick, Christolph and Free have once again switched up their style on the smoky, mellowed out Good Shepherd. Behind the boards resident producer Christolph crafts a jazzy, meandering beat that brings in a horn section on the chorus (and, could it be? The second record to use a xylophone on the Booth today?), setting the stage for Niceguys’ microphone contingent to deliver bars as bold as they are lyrically subtle: “Few pauses here and there, a cool chorus / Call it my corporate calling card…Yves Saint’s the culprit.” Now that’s some mother**king alliteration. If you’re digging where The Niceguys are shepherding us, be sure to cop their upcoming album The Show, due out September 28, and keep an ear out for their upcoming exclusive DJBooth freestyle, coming “soon.”
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at All" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.