Talk about playing against type; though previous features left the question of whether The Niceguys are in fact nice guys (and whether, by extension, they’re destined to finish last), this newly-released single finds the Booth-acclaimed crew seemingly hell-bent on proving their stage name wrong. Taking a page from Entourage‘s abrasive movie agent, Ari Gold, emcee Easy Yves Saint lets his inner douchebag shine. Over crewmate Free‘s overdriven, percussion-heavy assault of an instrumental, the freestyle series alumnus drops rhymes sure to remind guys of that one total jerk you secretly envied in high school (well, unless you were that one jerk): “Datin’ all the diva cheerleaders / sellin X pills to the teachers…” Joining Yves on the back end is… Yves again; stepping into the role of alter ego Chevy Lauren, he bounces back for a Queens-inspired closing 16, complete with fake (but impressive) patois. Does this assh*le anthem leave you craving more? Then keep it locked for release details on their James Kelly EP, scheduled for release soon.
Written by richard on 03/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at All" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.