Need the perfect song to give your Valentine’s Day events that extra kick? Look no further than the latest effort from newcomer Nia Andrews. The singer’s new single The Lovers is a simple, yet deep and refined record that should do the trick in helping to keep the romance alive. Setting the mood is producer Deron Johnson, who provides a fluttery, mellow production that is motored by a subtle acoustic guitar riff (although he does break out the electric guitar at the end of the tune). The production, while not overpowering or supremely memorable, is perfect as a compliment to Andrews, whose heart-felt, refreshing vocals are the highlight of the song. The Lovers is the first of many cool, date-friendly cuts that are set to appear on Nia’s new album Colours, out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/12/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.