Need the perfect song to give your Valentine’s Day events that extra kick? Look no further than the latest effort from newcomer Nia Andrews. The singer’s new single The Lovers is a simple, yet deep and refined record that should do the trick in helping to keep the romance alive. Setting the mood is producer Deron Johnson, who provides a fluttery, mellow production that is motored by a subtle acoustic guitar riff (although he does break out the electric guitar at the end of the tune). The production, while not overpowering or supremely memorable, is perfect as a compliment to Andrews, whose heart-felt, refreshing vocals are the highlight of the song. The Lovers is the first of many cool, date-friendly cuts that are set to appear on Nia’s new album Colours, out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/12/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.