A crew whose roots stretch from New York all the way to L.A., H. Bruno, ShamG.O.D and Capital are intimately acquainted with the injustice and struggle that are a fact of inner-city life – perhaps that why they call themselves the No Fair Ones, or N.F.O. for short. (As a side note, they should probably never play poker against tonight’s fellow Booth debutantes, The Fortunate Ones). Making its world premiere on our front page, new single Alarm finds the crew showcasing their formidable street smarts as they declare war against the rest of the game. Tone Mason produces, serving up a gritty-yet-smooth blues/soul backdrop as the “supremely magnificent team” look back upon past hardship and chart a course for future industry domination. Each taking a distinct approach approach on the mic, the trio build on each other’s strengths, coming together to create something greater than the sum of its parts. But enough from me – your thoughts, Booth readers? Though details on the project this cut will be attached to are TBD, those digging it can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 04/21/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.