There are over six billion people on the planet, and approximately three billion of them are women. So when a r&b singer softly croons that his lady is One in a Million, if you do your math he’s really saying there are 3,000 women out there exactly like her. And now that I’ve managed to suck all the romance out of the room – a new remix from Ne-Yo! Joining Mr. Yo over Chuck Harmony’s percussively centered yet softly winding beat are two New York City staples; Fabolous, who contributes a remarkably punchline-light verse for the usually comically-oriented emcee, and Jadakiss, whose raspy voice frankly feels like a bit of an odd fit. But with Ne-Yo’s always impeccable voice giving the song a sense of cohesion, I’m sure more than a few folks will prefer it to the original. If you’re looking for a soundtrack to let that special someone know they’re one in a billion (far more impressive) this holiday season, might I suggest picking up a copy of Ne-Yo’s new album Libra Scale, available now?
Written by Nathan S. on 12/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.