There are over six billion people on the planet, and approximately three billion of them are women. So when a r&b singer softly croons that his lady is One in a Million, if you do your math he’s really saying there are 3,000 women out there exactly like her. And now that I’ve managed to suck all the romance out of the room – a new remix from Ne-Yo! Joining Mr. Yo over Chuck Harmony’s percussively centered yet softly winding beat are two New York City staples; Fabolous, who contributes a remarkably punchline-light verse for the usually comically-oriented emcee, and Jadakiss, whose raspy voice frankly feels like a bit of an odd fit. But with Ne-Yo’s always impeccable voice giving the song a sense of cohesion, I’m sure more than a few folks will prefer it to the original. If you’re looking for a soundtrack to let that special someone know they’re one in a billion (far more impressive) this holiday season, might I suggest picking up a copy of Ne-Yo’s new album Libra Scale, available now?
Written by Nathan S. on 12/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.