There are over six billion people on the planet, and approximately three billion of them are women. So when a r&b singer softly croons that his lady is One in a Million, if you do your math he’s really saying there are 3,000 women out there exactly like her. And now that I’ve managed to suck all the romance out of the room – a new remix from Ne-Yo! Joining Mr. Yo over Chuck Harmony’s percussively centered yet softly winding beat are two New York City staples; Fabolous, who contributes a remarkably punchline-light verse for the usually comically-oriented emcee, and Jadakiss, whose raspy voice frankly feels like a bit of an odd fit. But with Ne-Yo’s always impeccable voice giving the song a sense of cohesion, I’m sure more than a few folks will prefer it to the original. If you’re looking for a soundtrack to let that special someone know they’re one in a billion (far more impressive) this holiday season, might I suggest picking up a copy of Ne-Yo’s new album Libra Scale, available now?
Written by Nathan S. on 12/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.