Go ahead everybody, take a sigh of relief; New Kidz is not the urban alter-ego of New Kids on The Block. In fact, New Kidz isn’t a group at all, but rather the moniker for a rising reggae artist out of Kingston, Jamaica. His new single, Woman, is dancehall-rap in the mold of Sean Paul and Buju Banton. Unsurprisingly, most of it is unintelligible, but that’s half of the appeal, isn’t it? Gargamel Music Productions, which doubles as his label, is responsible for the production. If dancehall is your type of thing, you’ll likely enjoy Woman. If it’s not, beware. No announcements have been made as of yet regarding his next album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/19/08
Submit your Rating
Gargamel Music, Inc.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.