Way back in March 2009, South Floridian duo New Breed stepped into the Booth with their debut promo single – a track which, contrary to its title, seemed to leave our readers’ minds decidedly un-blown. Today, however, Marvelous and Cez have returned to make listeners (females, anyway) an offer that may be too damn catchy to refuse. On newly-released single Get Away, Raw Smoove‘s sugary, synth-soaked boardwork (sampled from Madonna’s classic cut, Holiday) sets a retro mood as the twosome offer to fly a lucky lady to any locale her heart desires; whether her ideal vacation spot is Paris, the Bahamas, or the Moon, they’re prepared to foot the bill. While the lyrical theme is hardly new, Get Away‘s combo of infectious bubblegum-pop production, engaging flows and big-name guest appeal (courtesy of hookman Sean Kingston) make for a track with considerable hit potential. Will it be enough to score NB’s debut full-length, 15 Minutes Till Fame, a solid release date? I’ll leave it to Booth readers to speculate.
Written by richard on 04/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Night ft. Pleasure P & Flo Rida" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.