Craving a fresh single from the New Boyz? Well, guess what: I Don’t Care! Just kidding, just kidding – rest assured, there’s nothing more important to me than catering to your every whim. Anyway, the jerk pioneers’ latest effort finds Legacy and Ben J taking the action out of the Back Seat and into the club proper. With Kane Beatz behind the boards, contributing a beat derived from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ oft-flipped Heads Will Roll, the crewmates spit bold-and-direct game to all the “bad b*tches” in the spot, liberally seasoning their patter with (hilarious) phallic imagery: “You ever been to the Space Museum? / Well my d*ck just like that telescope.” Between the headliners’ flirtatious contributions, G.O.O.D. Music buzzmaker Big Sean grabs the mic to deliver a few witty come-ons of his own: “If they say we ain’t Big, we’ll turn this to a Suge Knight.” Have the New Boyz outdone themselves with this club-ready selection? If you’re digging it, you won’t want to miss the freshness in store on sophomore full-length Too Cool to Care, coming this spring.
Written by richard on 04/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You're a Jerk" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.