Craving a fresh single from the New Boyz? Well, guess what: I Don’t Care! Just kidding, just kidding – rest assured, there’s nothing more important to me than catering to your every whim. Anyway, the jerk pioneers’ latest effort finds Legacy and Ben J taking the action out of the Back Seat and into the club proper. With Kane Beatz behind the boards, contributing a beat derived from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ oft-flipped Heads Will Roll, the crewmates spit bold-and-direct game to all the “bad b*tches” in the spot, liberally seasoning their patter with (hilarious) phallic imagery: “You ever been to the Space Museum? / Well my d*ck just like that telescope.” Between the headliners’ flirtatious contributions, G.O.O.D. Music buzzmaker Big Sean grabs the mic to deliver a few witty come-ons of his own: “If they say we ain’t Big, we’ll turn this to a Suge Knight.” Have the New Boyz outdone themselves with this club-ready selection? If you’re digging it, you won’t want to miss the freshness in store on sophomore full-length Too Cool to Care, coming this spring.
Written by richard on 04/12/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You're a Jerk" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.