Following in the footsteps of Lil’ Jon, (Play No Games and Lovers & Friends), Paul Wall (Girl), The Federation (Happy I Met You), and Soulja Boy (Soulja Girl), the New Boyz are back to put a radio-ready R&B spin on the subgenre they helped popularize. On the follow-up to debut single You’re a Jerk, Legacy and Ben J let all the young ladies hoping to become their wifeys down easy, explaining that they need more time on the “scene” before any one woman can “Tie Me Down.” The Boyz find the perfect collaborator in Ray J, who, seeing that he’s currently casting for the second season of his reality-TV series, must have had to send Season 1 winner Cocktail a similar message. Produced by Jay-Nari, Tie Me Down is sure to get jerks and non-jerks alike amped for an album that will cover all the musical bases; Skinny Jeans & A Mic drops September 15th!
Written by Burmy on 08/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You're a Jerk" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.