Following in the footsteps of Lil’ Jon, (Play No Games and Lovers & Friends), Paul Wall (Girl), The Federation (Happy I Met You), and Soulja Boy (Soulja Girl), the New Boyz are back to put a radio-ready R&B spin on the subgenre they helped popularize. On the follow-up to debut single You’re a Jerk, Legacy and Ben J let all the young ladies hoping to become their wifeys down easy, explaining that they need more time on the “scene” before any one woman can “Tie Me Down.” The Boyz find the perfect collaborator in Ray J, who, seeing that he’s currently casting for the second season of his reality-TV series, must have had to send Season 1 winner Cocktail a similar message. Produced by Jay-Nari, Tie Me Down is sure to get jerks and non-jerks alike amped for an album that will cover all the musical bases; Skinny Jeans & A Mic drops September 15th!
Written by Burmy on 08/10/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You're a Jerk" (2009)
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.