Following in the footsteps of Lil’ Jon, (Play No Games and Lovers & Friends), Paul Wall (Girl), The Federation (Happy I Met You), and Soulja Boy (Soulja Girl), the New Boyz are back to put a radio-ready R&B spin on the subgenre they helped popularize. On the follow-up to debut single You’re a Jerk, Legacy and Ben J let all the young ladies hoping to become their wifeys down easy, explaining that they need more time on the “scene” before any one woman can “Tie Me Down.” The Boyz find the perfect collaborator in Ray J, who, seeing that he’s currently casting for the second season of his reality-TV series, must have had to send Season 1 winner Cocktail a similar message. Produced by Jay-Nari, Tie Me Down is sure to get jerks and non-jerks alike amped for an album that will cover all the musical bases; Skinny Jeans & A Mic drops September 15th!
Written by Burmy on 08/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You're a Jerk" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.