Following in the footsteps of Lil’ Jon, (Play No Games and Lovers & Friends), Paul Wall (Girl), The Federation (Happy I Met You), and Soulja Boy (Soulja Girl), the New Boyz are back to put a radio-ready R&B spin on the subgenre they helped popularize. On the follow-up to debut single You’re a Jerk, Legacy and Ben J let all the young ladies hoping to become their wifeys down easy, explaining that they need more time on the “scene” before any one woman can “Tie Me Down.” The Boyz find the perfect collaborator in Ray J, who, seeing that he’s currently casting for the second season of his reality-TV series, must have had to send Season 1 winner Cocktail a similar message. Produced by Jay-Nari, Tie Me Down is sure to get jerks and non-jerks alike amped for an album that will cover all the musical bases; Skinny Jeans & A Mic drops September 15th!
Written by Burmy on 08/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You're a Jerk" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)