2009 debut album Skinny Jeans and a Mic may not have earned the New Boyz Booth acclaim, but it does seem to have made them a healthy amount of cash; today, Legacy and Ben J make their return to our front page with the lead single off their forthcoming follow-up, a joint which finds them ready, willing and able to “Break My Bank” in order to fulfill a special lady’s every desire. With a sugary string-synth beat by Matt Squire, along with the catchy-as-ever hook vocals of Virgin Islands-bred hitmaker I.Y.A.Z., this track falls squarely on the pop-R&B side of the New Boyz’ oeuvre, but the duo don’t take that as an excuse to slack on the lyrical tip – rather than resorting to high-rolling cliché, the Boyz deliver verses that any guy who has struggled to balance his bank account with female demands will be able to relate to. Those who like what they’re hearing can look forward to more fresh new tunes from the West Coast hip-popsters on sophomore full-length Too Cool to Care, scheduled to hit stores sometime this September.
Written by richard on 07/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You're a Jerk" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.