As reader responses to their various features attest, there were many who initially thought Skinny Jeans and a Mic duo New Boyz weren’t built to last. Too Cool to Care what the doubters think, however, Cali natives Legacy and Ben J have kept on trucking; having won many of our readers over with July 2010’s Break My Bank, the Boyz are back to convert even more skeptics to believers on their latest single, a dancefloor-packing ode to Backseat lovin’. Backed by Club Love production crew The Cataracs’ syncopated percussion and sizzling synths, the twosome show their game-spitting skills, doing their damndest to persuade some lovely ladies to come and kick it in the back of their whip. Complete with the flirtatious hook vocals of Far East Movement affiliate Dev, this joint has all the makings of a club smash – or have I got it twisted? If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for the latest on the New Boyz’ sophomore full-length, scheduled to drop sometime in spring of this year.
Written by richard on 01/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You're a Jerk" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.