If you want to stargaze, your best bet is to drive somewhere far away from the light pollution of the big city. Unsigned up-and-comer Nevelle Viracocha does just that on his first Booth feature, leaving his native Alabama to get a clearer view of the constellations—and of his own place in the rap game. Released as a single in May but only now beginning to be promoted, The Astral Hour finds Silent Mike serving up a pensive keyboard beat as the emcee and singer reflects on the massive potential he holds inside himself: “In reality, I’m a fallacy, but in my sleep I’m more like Zion… I’m the sire, chip on the shoulder and golden crown atop my attire.” His currently untitled album is unscheduled, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.