Nesby Phips is sure moving up in the world; just the other day, the New Orleans spitter sat down for brunch with the Rubenstein Bros., proprietors of one of his city’s most dinstinguished men’s clothing retailers. On the latest release in his bimonthly #PaydayPhips campaign, the emcee trades luxuriant bars with fellow NOLA native Curren$y over the laid-back John Okuribido-produced beat that backed the Geto Boys’ classic Mind Playing Tricks. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Phips’ Ode 2 Old School & Classics LP, set to hit the artist’s official site for free download on February 15.
Written by richard on 02/13/12
Submit your Rating
Bakadahouse Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.