No need to panic – despite what the chaotic intro may lead you to believe, you haven’t accidentally opened this track in two windows at once. (Or maybe you have, in which case it would sound really crazy.) In any case, Nero clearly knows how to start things off with a bang. The FIFTH, single numero uno off the artist’s newly-announced street album, finds producer Hudson Mohawke serving up an unpredictably catchy blend of hyperkinetic percussion and tweaked vocal/brass samples as the Big Apple up-and-comer (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) sets out to prove that he’s hip-hop’s future, dropping a scatterbrained mix of braggadocio and off-the-wall free-association: “Power Rangers, power chamber, bringing life to the light, you a flower painter, Mario throw fire and I douse the paper…” Nero’s forthcoming mixtape has yet to receive a solid drop date, but you can count on DJBooth.net to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes as the artist continues building Momentum (pun, of course, intended).
Written by richard on 06/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Explosion (Remix) ft. Mickey Factz & Nero" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.