I’m willing to bet that everyone among us has, at one point or another, become exhausted with the daily grind and wished they were somewhere Far Away From Here (wherever ‘here’ may be). If not… well, either you’re sponging off your parents or you’ve managed to find work as a supermodel’s oil man. Lucky you. In any case, up-and-coming emcees are in no way immune to the stresses of workaday life, as evidenced by this unreleased cut from Nero, the up-and-comer last heard on Booth-exclusive freestyle Kinda Like a Big Deal. Over Woody‘s ambient, dreamy synth instrumental, the Harlem native assures listeners that, though the pressure has overwhelmed him in the past, he’s back and ready to work harder and smarter than ever before: “I speak less and accomplish more / My glass ceiling is a polished floor.” This track isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming full-length, but Nero does have a new project “coming soon” – keep it locked to DJBooth.net for further details!
Written by richard on 02/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Explosion (Remix) ft. Mickey Factz & Nero" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.