I’m willing to bet that everyone among us has, at one point or another, become exhausted with the daily grind and wished they were somewhere Far Away From Here (wherever ‘here’ may be). If not… well, either you’re sponging off your parents or you’ve managed to find work as a supermodel’s oil man. Lucky you. In any case, up-and-coming emcees are in no way immune to the stresses of workaday life, as evidenced by this unreleased cut from Nero, the up-and-comer last heard on Booth-exclusive freestyle Kinda Like a Big Deal. Over Woody‘s ambient, dreamy synth instrumental, the Harlem native assures listeners that, though the pressure has overwhelmed him in the past, he’s back and ready to work harder and smarter than ever before: “I speak less and accomplish more / My glass ceiling is a polished floor.” This track isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming full-length, but Nero does have a new project “coming soon” – keep it locked to DJBooth.net for further details!
Written by richard on 02/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Explosion (Remix) ft. Mickey Factz & Nero" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.