I’m willing to bet that everyone among us has, at one point or another, become exhausted with the daily grind and wished they were somewhere Far Away From Here (wherever ‘here’ may be). If not… well, either you’re sponging off your parents or you’ve managed to find work as a supermodel’s oil man. Lucky you. In any case, up-and-coming emcees are in no way immune to the stresses of workaday life, as evidenced by this unreleased cut from Nero, the up-and-comer last heard on Booth-exclusive freestyle Kinda Like a Big Deal. Over Woody‘s ambient, dreamy synth instrumental, the Harlem native assures listeners that, though the pressure has overwhelmed him in the past, he’s back and ready to work harder and smarter than ever before: “I speak less and accomplish more / My glass ceiling is a polished floor.” This track isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming full-length, but Nero does have a new project “coming soon” – keep it locked to DJBooth.net for further details!
Written by richard on 02/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Explosion (Remix) ft. Mickey Factz & Nero" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.