After finding relative success with their ‘03 debut, In Search Of…, and its ‘04 follow-up, Fly or Die, funk-rock brainchild of the Neptunes, N*E*R*D, returns this June with its third studio album, Seeing Sounds. Judging by the first two singles, Everyone Nose and Spaz, it seems as if beatsmiths Pharrell Williams, Chad Hugo, and Shay Haley have stopped at nothing to innovate their already unique sound. As its title suggests, Spaz is a four-minute thrash-around of pure energy, packed with unapologetically loud percussion and excited snare bursts. Following the tradition of most N*E*R*D tracks, the beat takes center stage while Pharrell’s lyrics serve more as an embellishment. In support of the album, the fellas are currently the opening act on Kanye’s Glow in the Dark Tour.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everyone Nose" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.