After finding relative success with their ‘03 debut, In Search Of…, and its ‘04 follow-up, Fly or Die, funk-rock brainchild of the Neptunes, N*E*R*D, returns this June with its third studio album, Seeing Sounds. Judging by the first two singles, Everyone Nose and Spaz, it seems as if beatsmiths Pharrell Williams, Chad Hugo, and Shay Haley have stopped at nothing to innovate their already unique sound. As its title suggests, Spaz is a four-minute thrash-around of pure energy, packed with unapologetically loud percussion and excited snare bursts. Following the tradition of most N*E*R*D tracks, the beat takes center stage while Pharrell’s lyrics serve more as an embellishment. In support of the album, the fellas are currently the opening act on Kanye’s Glow in the Dark Tour.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everyone Nose" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.