After finding relative success with their ‘03 debut, In Search Of…, and its ‘04 follow-up, Fly or Die, funk-rock brainchild of the Neptunes, N*E*R*D, returns this June with its third studio album, Seeing Sounds. Judging by the first two singles, Everyone Nose and Spaz, it seems as if beatsmiths Pharrell Williams, Chad Hugo, and Shay Haley have stopped at nothing to innovate their already unique sound. As its title suggests, Spaz is a four-minute thrash-around of pure energy, packed with unapologetically loud percussion and excited snare bursts. Following the tradition of most N*E*R*D tracks, the beat takes center stage while Pharrell’s lyrics serve more as an embellishment. In support of the album, the fellas are currently the opening act on Kanye’s Glow in the Dark Tour.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everyone Nose" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.