After the minimal pop-funk of Hot N Fun, the smoky rock grooves of Help Me Live, and the chill European sound of the Daft Punk-produced Hypnotize U, N.E.R.D. fans have undoubtedly been rubbing their hands together in anticipation of another dope surprise. Well, “your dreams have now been fulfilled.” True to its name, new single Party People is a straight-up musical celebration featuring a brassy, clattering beat and a chanted chorus that calls to mind MJ‘s “Mamase, mamasa….” hook on Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’. Joining Pharrell, Chad and Shay on the guest tip is none other than… well.. T.I.P. Clifford “T.I.” Harris lets his freaky side shine on the back end, lacing the beat with flows as hyperkinetic as his subject matter is hedonistic. Does this party-ready banger make you want to get “Down! Down! Down! Down!”? Then you can look forward to a whole lotta Nothing on November 2 (aka Election Day – remember to vote!), when N.E.R.D.‘s fourth studio album arrives on record store shelves via Star Trak/Interscope.
Written by richard on 10/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everyone Nose" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.