After the minimal pop-funk of Hot N Fun, the smoky rock grooves of Help Me Live, and the chill European sound of the Daft Punk-produced Hypnotize U, N.E.R.D. fans have undoubtedly been rubbing their hands together in anticipation of another dope surprise. Well, “your dreams have now been fulfilled.” True to its name, new single Party People is a straight-up musical celebration featuring a brassy, clattering beat and a chanted chorus that calls to mind MJ‘s “Mamase, mamasa….” hook on Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’. Joining Pharrell, Chad and Shay on the guest tip is none other than… well.. T.I.P. Clifford “T.I.” Harris lets his freaky side shine on the back end, lacing the beat with flows as hyperkinetic as his subject matter is hedonistic. Does this party-ready banger make you want to get “Down! Down! Down! Down!”? Then you can look forward to a whole lotta Nothing on November 2 (aka Election Day – remember to vote!), when N.E.R.D.‘s fourth studio album arrives on record store shelves via Star Trak/Interscope.
Written by richard on 10/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everyone Nose" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.